This creamy chicken tarragon casserole recipe is one-pot cooking at its finest. Flavoured with the unique taste of tarragon, which gives a hint of liquorice and vanilla, it’s sure to impress.
Recipe serves 4
6 Bone in skin on chicken thighs
1 Garlic clove – crushed
2 tbsp Oil
1 Onion – chopped roughly
1 350ml jar of Boosh Organic Chicken Bone Broth – available from booshfoods.com, Ocado, and Amazon
100ml Double cream
2 tbps Dijon mustard
2 tbps Fresh tarragon – chopped roughly
Salt and pepper
- In a large deep saucepan that has a lid or in a lidded casserole dish heat a little oil on a medium heat. Fry the chicken thighs for 5 or so minutes until the chicken skin has browned.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry for a further few minutes. Stir often to avoid sticking and turn the chicken over.
- Then pour in the Boosh Chicken Bone Broth and cream and bring the pan to a slow simmer. Add and stir in the mustard, seasoning and half of the chopped tarragon.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes, checking every so often. A few minutes before serving add your peas to the pan and season to taste.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through and serve with a scattering of the remaining tarragon.
Tempted to try something a bit different this week? This creamy chicken tarragon casserole is sure to impress with its unique flavours.