Fragrant, rich and filling, this Laksa spicy noodle soup recipe is sure to hit the spot.
This Booshed up version of the Malaysian and Singaporean classic uses Boosh Chilli & Lemongrass Organic Chicken Bone Broth to add some extra aromatics and nutritional goodness. It’s deliciously flavoured with creamy coconut and plenty of spices including turmeric and chilli.
We’ve used a mixture of protein sources in this recipe – egg, chicken, prawns and tofu – but you could use just one or two. We’ve also gone for egg noodles but you could use wheat noodles or rice vermicelli instead.
Recipe serves 2
350ml jar of Boosh Chilli & Lemongrass Organic Chicken Bone Broth
400ml can of coconut milk
150g egg noodles
1/2 jar of Laksa paste
80g fresh bean sprouts
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 garlic clove
2cm piece of ginger
1 tsp fish sauce
80g tofu puffs
1 tsp brown sugar
1 red chilli
2 chicken breasts
Optional garnishes: chopped fresh coriander, lime wedges, finely sliced red chilli
- Gather your ingredients. Peel and finely slice the garlic clove and grate your ginger. Cut your lime in half and squeeze the juice from half into a bowl and cut the other half into wedges to use later as garnish. Prepare your choice of protein – cut your chicken breast into pieces, peel and de-vein your prawns, prepare your tofu and hard-boil your eggs.
- Warm your sesame oil in a large saucepan with high sides over a medium heat until hot. Add your garlic and ginger and cook for a few minutes until softened, stir often to avoid sticking.
- Add the Laksa paste to the pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Then add the lime juice, turmeric, fish sauce, brown sugar and red chilli and stir well to mix everything together.
- Pour in the coconut milk and Boosh Chilliy & Lemongrass Organic Chicken Bone Broth. Stir well and bring to the boil by increasing the heat. Add the chicken if using and turn the heat down and simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring occasionally. If using prawns add them to the soup after ten minutes of simmering.
- While the soup is simmering, cook your noodles as per the pack instructions.
- Drain your noodles and divide them between the two bowls. Ladle the soup on top and serve with beansprouts, boiled eggs and tofu if using and your choice of garnishes. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to tag us on social media @booshfoods if you try our Laksa spicy noodle soup recipe!