Get great taste without spending hours stirring by the stove – use Boosh Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth in our creamy and comforting mushroom and leek risotto recipe.
Perfect for an easy mid-week meal, our recipe for this popular dish requires little effort to achieve a satisfying and tasty supper. In our twist on this classic Italian recipe we’ve replaced the stock with Boosh Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth to add an extra depth of flavour.
Recipe serves 2
1 cup (250ml) risotto rice
1 x 350ml jar of Boosh Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth – available from booshfoods.com, Ocado, and Amazon
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 large leek, sliced
1 large onion, finely chopped
½ tsp curry powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp cream cheese or mascarpone (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat and fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the curry powder, mixed herbs and salt. Mix together and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and then cook on a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Boosh Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth, mushrooms and leek. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the stock has been fully absorbed.
- Check the rice is fully cooked. If it isn’t add a splash of boiling water and carry on cooking for a bit.
- Once the rice is soft enough to eat, add cream cheese if using (for an extra creamy risotto), stir and heat through for 2-3 minutes.
Looking to satisfy your comfort food craving? Try our mushroom and leek risotto recipe and you won’t be disappointed!