Let the humble pea be the star of the show in this perfectly simple but delicious pea soup recipe.
Quick and healthy, this recipe for a beautifully vivid green pea soup needs just a few ingredients. If you can’t get your hands on fresh peas to pod you can just use frozen peas instead.
Recipe serves 4
1 tbsp Butter
1 Onion – chopped finely
1 Garlic clove – chopped finely
400ml of Boosh Rosemary and Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth – available from booshfoods.com, Ocado, and Amazon
50ml Double cream
Salt and pepper
- Heat the tbsp of butter in a large saucepan. Once foaming, fry the onion and garlic for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Then add the Boosh Rosemary and Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth and bring the pan to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and add your seasoning.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add your peas to the pan and cook at the same heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Then add the double cream and blend the soup with a blender until smooth. A hand blender will be easiest for this as you won’t need to remove the soup from the pan. Just be careful not to splash yourself as the soup will be very hot.
- Once blended, season the soup to taste and serve in bowls with fresh crusty bread on the side.
It might be easy pea-sy to make but this perfectly simple but delicious pea soup recipe packs a punch of flavour!