Enjoy this springtime asparagus soup recipe and make the most of the short asparagus season, which runs in the UK from April until June.
Quick and easy to make, this recipe uses just a few special ingredients, including Boosh Bone Broth Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken. Swap standard stock with our organic bone broths; their wealth in flavours and nutrients, make them the best ready-to-use cooking ingredient.
Recipe serves 2
1 tbsp Butter
400g Asparagus – chopped finely
1 Onion – chopped finely
350ml of Boosh Rosemary & Thyme Organic Chicken Bone Broth – available from booshfoods.com, Ocado, and Amazon
50ml Double cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Once foaming, fry the asparagus tips until softened for a few minutes then take out of the pan.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes until softened. Re-add the asparagus (leave out a few pieces if you would like to leave some whole) and cook for another few minutes.
- Pour in the stock and extra water and bring the pan to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and add your seasoning.
- Add the cream and blend with a blender until smooth.
- Pour into bowls (re-add any asparagus you have left for decoration) and serve with fresh crusty bread.
Make the most of the short UK asparagus season with this delicious springtime asparagus soup recipe!