As well as being abundant, courgettes are incredibly versatile and can be enjoyed fried, stuffed, baked and grilled… So, if you’ve got a courgette glut on your hands why not try our stuffed and baked courgette recipe?
Stuffed and baked courgettes – recipe serves 4
4 Large long courgettes
2 Large tomatoes – chopped and with seeds removed
1 Large onion – peeled and chopped finely
2 Tbsp olive oil
250g Beef mince
2 Garlic cloves – peeled and chopped finely
2 Yellow peppers – chopped
250ml of Boosh Organic Beef Bone Broth – available from booshfoods.com, Ocado, Planet Organic, Wholefoods and Tree of Life
50g grated cheese eg, cheddar – optional
Herbs to garnish eg, basil, parsley, spring onion
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/190C Fan. Cut each courgette in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh with a spoon or melon baller, taking care to leave sturdy walls around the outside to hold your filling. Roughly chop the flesh and place the shells onto a greased roasting dish or baking tray.
- Heat the oil in a large wide pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion until soft and golden, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Then add the mince and seasoning and cook until browned, stirring regularly.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and courgette flesh to the pan. Pour in the Boosh Organic Beef Bone Broth and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the filling has reduced and is a not too liquid of a consistency turn off the heat and divide the filling between the courgette shells. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with cheese if using and the breadcrumbs. Cook uncovered for another 15 minutes.
Tear your choice of herbs over the top before serving.
Courgette ‘boats’ filled with minced beef, bone broth and vegetable stuffing make a healthy main meal or could even be served as a satisfying starter.